With the Rylstone Region offering the main entrance to the Wollemi wilderness there is a huge diversity of activities awaiting the lover of the Australian bush.
- Bushwalking - natural wonders abound! From short, 2 hour walks to day trips over easy walking paths. Simple maps are provided for the main day walks available, starting from the bunkhouse.
- Canyoning - for the more adventurous and experienced we offer accommodation in close proximity to the headwaters of the Coorangooba, Numietta and Ovens river systems, which are the gateway to a myriad of rarely visited canyons and areas of cool-temperate rainforest.
- Birdwatching - an ornithologists dream. Readily available around the bunkhouse itself to the more abundant fauna along the nearby river and creek systems. An astonishing variety of bird life exists throughout the district.
- Boating/canoeing - along the 5 km of deep waterways of nearby Dunn’s Swamp. Alternatively climbing the unique pagoda rock formations for breathtaking views of the surrounding natural beauty. Fishing, swimming and abseiling are also popular pastimes.
- Wildflowers - in particular from September to December.
- Mountain bike riding - numerous excellent trails on private property and crown land, with some extending into the Wollemi wilderness.
- Group retreats - corporate training, health workshops, yoga, meditation groups etc.
- Exploring the Region - scenic drives, including Nullo Mountain, Mt Coricudgy and the Capertee Valley. Sample the warm country atmosphere in the historical village of Rylstone with its popular cafes, arts and crafts and antiques. Or Kandos with its competition golf course (18 hole, 72 par) and museum. Wineries, olive groves or maybe the Ferntree Gully rainforest or a visit to Lake Windamere. For more information check out www.rylstone.com & www.visitmudgeeregion.com.au.